Monday, August 22, 2011

Finally, Some Attention from Big Pharma


We have been contacted by Merck to provide information about service dogs and how they relate to Multiple Sclerosis.  This is what we have been waiting for.  We need to get the drug companies to acknowledge that there are treatments beyond their medications and get behind our efforts.

Treating MS isn’t simple.  “It takes a village,” as Hillary Clinton once said about educating children.  Treatment options certainly revolve around mainstream medications but there are ways to cope with MS that are beyond the medications. 

Partnering with a service dog changes the life of the MS patient.  MS is part of the life of the patient for a very long time and enhancing quality of life is of paramount importance.

Service Dogs Rock!

3 comments:

  1. I truly believe that I would not be alive right now if not for my service dog of 8 years. I'm a decade into dx MS - and my dog gives me a reason to get moving on the worse days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the reason we've been working gratis on this project for the past 18 months. Please help us spread the word and tell us more about what your dog does for you.

    Thanks for your help--we'll get the word out to everyone including the insurance companies.

    We must get some insurance coverage for service dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I didn't actually expect to see anyone on the other side of my comment. Thank you.
    My dog does several different 'things' which I believe are of vital importance to me. I will need to take some time to compose my thoughts and to type them out - (things don't work well most days)which I will try to do later today. Some days I simply can't get to it, so I did want to acknowledge your note, in case there is any delay in my response. I will be responding.

    ReplyDelete